Last Update: December 21,2010
Welcome to the Addiction and Art Website
Addiction and Art is a fund under the Community Foundation of Carroll County, a charitable 501 (c) (3) organization.
Help Us Help Others
Addiction and Art is a non-profit organization developed to raise money to support the use of addiction and recovery related artworks to confront one of our world's leading health problems - substance abuse.
Funds will be utilized:
- to supply addiction and recovery related artwork to substance abuse treatment centers, schools, community organizations, addiction science professionals, medical professionals, and the general public (worldwide).
- to encourage and support local communities to host their own Addiction and Art exhibition (worldwide).
- to promote and document all community based Addiction and Art efforts (worldwide).
- to support www.addictionandart.org, the web site essential to all of the above.
Substance abuse and addiction in the US:
- account for 1 in 5 deaths annually - 500,000 persons
- are major contributors to heart disease, cancer and stroke
- cost over one-half trillion US dollars annually with:
- tobacco dependence - $170 billion dollars
- alcohol abuse and alcoholism - $180 billion dollars
- illegal drug abuse - $185 billion dollars
- untold and perhaps uncountable human costs.
- Addiction art teaches.
- Addiction art can change the way individuals understand substance abuse and addiction from being seen as a "moral failing" or unlawful act to being accepted as a chronic medical illness requiring treatment.
- Addiction art stimulates dialogue.
- Addiction art can play a practical educational role in health communications designed to prevent and control substance abuse.
Support Addiction and Art:
Donate by Mail:
Checks payable to: The Community Foundation of Carroll County, Inc.
- The Addiction and Art Fund
- Community Foundation of Carroll County
- 255 Clifton Boulevard
- Suite 313
- Westminster, MD 21157